Saturday, May 16, 2015

We're here!

Shannon and I made it to Jackson with very little fanfare.  Shan's flight from Boston got delayed a bit, so it was a little tense in Denver, but she made it just as our group was boarding.  I had gotten in an hour earlier and had a chance to eat the absolutely disgusting peanut butter and banana wrap I made. What made it so bad was that I used a frozen banana that poured liquid into my dang sandwich when it melted!  Why didn't someone tell me that was going to happen?  The saving grace was that it was National Chocolate Cookie Day (of course it was), and I picked a spot to wait right outside a bakery that was giving away free cookies all day, which almost made up for my gross sandwich.

 



Once we got our car and checked into the cutest little cabin you ever saw, we went to the Snake River Brewery for dinner and then collapsed in a pile.  Tomorrow we have nothing specific planned except grocery shopping, so we'll be footloose and fancy free.  It's raining cats and dogs here, though, so the mountains aren't very visible.  We're keeping our fingers crossed that that situation improves.  The raincoats we bought from LL Bean are working really well, and we decided to swap them out so that I now have the fuscia one and Shan has the black one.  I definitely got the better end of that deal, and now we're much better accessorized (and we all know how important that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment